The cost to ceramic coat a car can vary depending on the size and color. Ceramic coatings are thinner than traditional paint jobs, so they don’t cover as much surface area, meaning that it is not uncommon for 2-3 coats to be required to get complete coverage.
For example, if you have a five-door hatchback sedan with six doors, one coat would be enough because it is less than 10 square feet per coat (10 x 10 = 100). But if you have an SUV or minivan, you will need at least two coats because they are typically more significant than 20 square feet.
The cost to ceramic coat a car ranges between $1,500 and $6000. This is mostly dependant on the size of the vehicle.
Color also affects the price because it takes more time to apply, and there is more risk of mistakes. A black car will generally be more expensive to ceramic coat than a white or silver car because it takes longer due to all of the details that need to be covered.
Ceramic coating is a great way to protect your vehicle from the elements. It can also improve the paint quality by protecting against scratches and scuffs. Ceramic coating has many benefits, but it does have one downside – it can get expensive!
The Benefits of Ceramic Coating a Car
Ceramic coating a car is beneficial because it protects your vehicle’s paint job. If you live in an area with salt and snow, this protective coat will help prevent rust from forming under your paint’s surface.
Some of the notable benefits of ceramic coating a car include:
- Protection against the elements: salt, snow, rain, UV rays, etc. – When you ceramic coat your car, it helps protect it against elements like snow, salt, rain, and UV rays. This means that your car will stay protected even when you are driving it in high-traffic areas where there is a lot of dirt and pollution.
- Maintains color and shine of paint job over time – Ceramic coating your car is one of maintaining its color and shine. That’s because it creates a smooth surface on the exterior of your car. This makes it easy for you to clean off bugs, dirt, and other types of debris because they won’t be sticking to the paint’s rough surface.
- Protects against everyday elements – If you live in an area with snow during the winter months or often drive through high traffic areas with heavy pollution from cars, then the ceramic coating can help protect your vehicle from rusting.
- Reduces dirt and dust accumulation by up to 90% – Having a car with ceramic coating also helps to reduce dirt and dust accumulation. Therefore, you will spend less time cleaning your car.
- Keeps the car looking new for years to come – The ceramic coating on your car will give it that new look and make the color shine for longer. It also helps protect the paint job from fading and becoming dull.
ALSO READ: Is Ceramic Recyclable?
Can I Do Ceramic Coating Myself?
No, the ceramic coating application requires a professional. DIY jobs will lead to poor results and wasted time and money. The process requires you to use both hands for long periods. Therefore, it is challenging to apply this at home without help from another person.
Ceramic coatings that are misapplied can also damage your paint job or strip off some layers of the car’s clear coat. This may lead to discoloration on parts of the vehicle, such as door handles and side mirrors.
If you’re still set on doing it yourself, some companies offer kits with everything needed for an individual to make their application. But, we would advise against using them because the results are often lackluster.
Why Is Ceramic Coating So Expensive?
Ceramic coating a car is expensive because it is a labor-intensive process. It takes a lot of time to apply the coatings and make sure they are evenly spread.
Additionally, not many professionals have the skill set necessary to complete a quality ceramic coating job. This means that the cost of labor is high, which drives up the overall cost of the service.
How Long Does Ceramic Coat Last?
A ceramic coating can last anywhere from 12 to 36 months. However, this depends on the type of sealant used, how often you wash the car, and where you drive it. The sealant will help protect your car against UV rays, bird droppings, bugs, and other environmental hazards. It also helps keep the paint looking glossy and new.
Is It Worth Getting a Car Ceramic Coated?
Yes, it is worth getting a ceramic coating on your car. As mentioned earlier, the ceramic coating has several advantages that will increase the value of your car over time. It will make keeping your car clean and functioning less complicated.
So you can spend more time behind the wheel and appreciating it than pondering how to keep it secure.
Will Ceramic Coating Fill in Scratches?
No, the ceramic coating will not fill in scratches. The goal of ceramic coating is to provide a layer of protection on top of your paint job. This will help keep the car looking new for longer. If you have any deep scratches, we recommend repairing them before applying the ceramic coating.
In conclusion, ceramic coating a car is an investment worth looking into. The good news is that the cost to ceramic coat a car will depend on the size of the vehicle. It will also depend on the type of ceramic coat used and the work’s company.
Ceramic coatings offer many benefits, such as protection against scratches, UV damage, and corrosion. They also make it easier to clean the car and improve its appearance. If you consider having your car with ceramic paint, be sure to do your research first to find the best option.