Is Ceramic Coating Worth It?
Is ceramic coating worth it? Ceramic coating is a great way to protect your car from the harsh elements that will damage it. It can keep your paint looking new for years and make you feel more confident about driving with an expensive vehicle.
But how do you know if ceramic coating is worth the money? In this post, we’ll discuss what ceramic coating is, why some people choose to get it done on their vehicle, and whether or not it’s worth the investment.
Simply put, ceramic coating is well worth the money in many instances. It offers excellent protection against pollutants and minor scratches while also making it easier to maintain your automobile.
Although coatings are not appropriate for every vehicle or owner, they do have their limits. It all boils down to how you utilize and care for it.
Advantages of Ceramic Coating
- Ceramic coating offers a wide range of advantages for both your car and your wallet. Here are some of the most important benefits:
- Ceramic coatings can protect your car from weathering, UV damage, and bird droppings. This means that your car will stay looking new for longer!
- A ceramic coating can also help to reduce drag on the exterior of your vehicle, which can improve fuel economy by up to 12%.
- One of the best features of ceramic coatings is their ability to resist scratches. A good coating can keep your paint job looking like new for years.
- If you have a leased or financed car, a ceramic coating may be a wise investment. Many financial institutions will not charge you for a ceramic coating as long as they don’t have to do any additional work.
Disadvantages of Ceramic Coating
Like many other things, ceramic coating also has its disadvantages. They include:
- The high cost of the coating process.
- The need for a professional installer, which could add to the overall cost.
- The susceptibility of ceramic coatings to scratches and chips.
- Ceramic coatings can’t be applied over existing paint, so the entire vehicle must be sanded down and completely repainted.
- The potential for discoloration or fading if the coating is not applied properly or is damaged.
Is Ceramic Car Coating Worth It?
Ceramic coating is a process where the car’s exterior receives an ultra-smooth, hydrophobic finish which repels dirt and water. It can be done on any vehicle but does require regular recharges with ceramic spray to maintain its shine. So, should you get it?
There are both benefits and costs which we will cover here:
- One benefit is the tough, non-stick finish which makes it easier to clean off dirt.
- The coating can also make your paint more reflective and look smoother.
- Another benefit is that it can help protect your car from bird droppings, bug splatter, and other environmental hazards.
- The finish also helps keep your car cooler in summer weather by reflecting sunlight away instead of absorbing it as paint does.
The cost of ceramic coating usually ranges between $300-$600. It’s not a cheap process, but it can last anywhere from two to five years with proper care.
However, there are some cons as well:
- It will be much more expensive than regular waxing or polishing because you have to pay for an entire process rather than just a job itself.
- If not properly maintained, this could lead to peeling of the car’s exterior which requires rework by professionals that charge high fees since they need special tools, etc. This means added costs on top of what you already paid originally.
So do all these benefits outweigh potential drawbacks? Honestly speaking, if money is no issue then go ahead with ceramic coating. The finish is really nice and it makes your car look even better after a coat of waxing or polishing.
Ceramic coatings offer a wide range of benefits for both your car and your wallet. If you’re looking for ways to improve the look and performance of your vehicle, a ceramic coating may be the perfect solution!
ALSO READ: How to Drill a Hole in a Ceramic Pot
How Do I Wash My Car After Ceramic Coating?
Many people have this question. After a ceramic coating, you shouldn’t use your regular car wash process because it will strip the coating off and defeat the purpose of getting one in the first place.
So, What Do You Need To Do?
- First, set up a hose with a good nozzle attached to it – either attach it directly to an outdoor faucet or run through some sort of water line adapter.
- The nozzle should be adjustable so that you can control how much pressure comes out. Too strong will cause damage!
- You also want to make sure that there isn’t any dirt or debris on the surface before spraying. Remember, after applying new paint protection technology like ceramic coatings, you want to keep it as clean as possible.
- Once you have everything ready, start by spraying the entire car down with water (from top to bottom). And then use your fingers to agitate any areas that seem dirty or need a little more attention.
- After that, spray the car off again with water until all of the suds are gone; this is important because if there’s soap residue on the surface, it will eat away at your coating over time.
- Finally, towel-dry the car using a microfiber cloth is best since they won’t leave any streaks behind. Give it a final inspection for missed spots before calling it quits.
If you follow these simple steps after getting your car coated with ceramic protection, you’ll be able to enjoy all of the benefits that it has to offer for many years to come!
Can You Wax Over Ceramic Coating?
Ceramic coating is a protective layer applied to your vehicle’s surfaces. It does not protect against scratches and scuffs. Therefore, it is possible to wax over ceramic coating.
However, note that any time you apply anything new onto an existing surface – whether that be dents or paint chips – there will always be some form of reaction as two materials meet.
When dealing with car detailing products such as sealants, polishes, and waxes. Those reactions are usually very minimal and do not affect either product negatively.
Ceramic coatings on the other hand may cause problems for wax application. But this will depend on the type of material used during the manufacturing process.
In the end, whether or not ceramic coating is worth it comes down to personal preference. Some people love the look and protection it provides, while others find it too expensive and unnecessary. Ultimately, only you can decide if this is something you want to invest in for your car or any other thing.